Education and Employment

  • and offer tips, products, and resources for teaching children and teens about safety.
  • Division of Workforce Services offers employment, medical help, retroactive medical assistance, GED/training workshops, and food stamps. Call (801) 492-4500 in American Fork, (801) 342-2600 in Provo, (801) 794-6600 in Spanish Fork or go to
  • Family of Literacy Center offers tutors for reading and math. Go to
  • L.D.S. Employment Services helps with employment, counseling, housing, food, and clothing. Call (801) 756-6079 in American Fork, (801) 491-7393 in Provo, (801) 798-5566 or go to
  • Project READ offers adult literacy services for persons sixteen and over (no ESL). Call (801) 852-6654 or go to
  • Turning Point (Center for Personal & Career Development) has classes on life skills, marriage relationships/parenting, academic/career/scholarship. Call (801) 863-7580 or go to

Food, Nutrition, and Shelter

  • Community Action offers emergency food/housing help, commodities, heat program, mortgage counseling, youth & elderly programs. Call (801) 373-8200 or go to
  • Food and Care Coalition serves emergency food three meals a day. They offer free hygiene products for low-income families, shower/laundry, computer lab, emergency shelter aide, and possible dental aide. Call (801) 373-1825 or go to
  • Grocery Smarts is a free, online program where you can print coupons, find sales, and discover ways to save money on groceries. Go to, and enter the passport g84csb.
  • Housing Authority of Utah County provides decent, affordable housing to low-income families. Call (801) 373-8333.
  • Neighborhood Housing Services of Provo provides loans for home improvement and ownership. Call (801) 375-5820.
  • Provo Housing Authority offers subsidized housing for low-income Provo residents. Call (801) 852-7080.
  • Utah County Housing Authority offers Utah County subsidized housing, public housing, and self-sufficiency program. Call (801) 373-8333 or go to
  • WIC has a nutrition program for pregnant, breastfeeding, post-partum women, and infants/children under five. Call 1-877-WIC-KIDS or go to


  • The Chainbreaker Foundation provides free, educational classes on Tuesday nights, free clothing, mentoring, humanitarian service opportunities, and a library. For more information on classes, click on Weekly Classes. The library and service opportunities are also provided at the classes. For mentoring, call Joan at (801) 756-5263.
  • Deseret Industries. Call (801) 373-7920. For locations, go to The ChainBreaker Foundation has D.I. vouchers for those who need it. If you need one, contact Joan at (801) 756-5263.
  • has a section in their classifieds with free items, ranging from furniture to clothing to tools. Go to, click on “Classifieds,” and go to the “Free” section.
  • provides information on improving relationships from Jonathan D. Sherman, LMFT. Go to
  • United Way provides information and referrals to individuals. Call (801) 374-2588 (main line), (801) 374-6400 (information and referral center) or go to
  • Utah Cares connects people with services. Go to
  • is a website done by Patricia Evans, author of many books about verbal abuse. It provides information about verbal abuse, workshops, and resources. Go to
  • The offers resources to women. Go to


  • BYU Law Help provides legal advice and assistance without representation, clinics for immigrants. Call (801) 422-3025.
  • Law Help has a lawyer referral service and general help. Call (801) 531-9077 or go to
  • Utah Legal Services offers free legal services for low-income families. Call 1-800-662-4245 or go to


  • CHIP provides insurance for uninsured children 0-18 years old who do not qualify for Medicaid. This is available only during open enrollment. Call 1-888-222-2542 or go to
  • Community Health Connect helps find community health resources/fill out paperwork. Call (801) 818-3011 or go to
  • Medicaid has a medical assistance program. Call (801) 465-8537 in Payson or (801) 374-7750 in Provo.
  • Mountainlands Community Health Center is a non-profit primary health care system based in Provo. They offer discounts on certain services based on income and family size. Call 801-429-2000, or go to
  • Primary Care Network offers health insurance to eligible low-income adults with children under eighteen. Call 1-888-222-2542 or go to
  • is an organization dedicated to connecting people seeking addiction treatment to the resources they need to succeed. Go to
  • Utah County Health Department offers several clinics. Call *801) 851-7000 or go to
  • Utah Family Health Line provides information regarding available health services. Call 1-800-472-4716 or go to
  • Utah Poison Control Center (UPCC) is a 24-hour resource for poison information and poison prevention. Call 1-800-222-1222 or go to
  • Utah Vaccines for Children (VFC) provides no-cost or low-cost vaccines at all Utah County Health Department locations and numerous doctor’s offices. Call 1-800-275-0659 or go to
  • Volunteer Care Clinic offers free general health care to low-income individuals with no insurance Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-7 p.m. Call (801) 812-8094.

Mental Health

  • Aspire Academy, taught by Cassandra Casey, offers the Nedley Depression Recovery Program. Call her at (801) 787-2079 or send an e-mail to
  • offers a personal e-learning system for recovering from pornography addiction. Go to
  • Crisis Line (anonymous) helps with depression, abuse, relationships and sex problems, loneliness and financial problems 24 hours a day. Call (801) 226-4433.
  • L.D.S. Family Services offers support groups and counseling. Call (801) 422-7620 in Provo, (801) 216-8000 in American Fork or go to
  • Wasatch Mental Health offers therapy for low-income families. They have a sliding scale. Call (801) 373-4760, (801) 373-7393 (crisis line) or go to
  • provides a 12-step recovery program for addicts of all kinds, including pornography, drugs, and so on. Go to

Neglect and Abuse

  • Center for Women and Children in Crisis offers protected shelter, a 24-hour hotline, rape crisis, women/children domestic violence support groups. Call (801) 377-5500, (801) 356-2511 or 1-888-421-1100 (rape crisis line), or go to
  • Child Help USA has a 24-hour hotline, crisis help for children and adults for treatment and prevention of abuse and neglect. Call 1-800-4-A-CHILD or go to
  • Children’s Justice Center offers therapy referrals/funding for child and family abuse. Call (801) 851-8554 or go to
  • Family Support and Treatment Center has a 24-hour a day abuse prevention/drop-off center for parents and individual and group therapy. Call (801) 229-1181 or go to
  • ISAT Specialized Abuse Treatment Center offers protective services. Call (801) 373-0210.
  • Protective Services (DCFS) offers treatment and referrals for child/adult abuse and neglect. Call (801) 492-3320 in American Fork, (801) 224-7820 in Orem, (801) 374-7257 in Provo, or go to

Parenting and Family

  • Baby Your Baby provides information about pregnancy, labor and delivery, as well as financial assistance and referral. Call 1-800-826-9662 or go to
  • Child Car Seat Program offers classes and low cost toddler car seats (not infants). You must be on Medicaid, WIC, or food stamps. Call (801) 851-7035.
  • Headstart-Mountainland offers income eligible preschool for those three to four years old by September 1st. Call (801) 375-7981.
  • Office of Recovery Services helps recover child support payments. Call (801) 374-7233 or go to
  • Utah Office of Child Care offers day care for work, school, or other training. They have a sliding fee. Call (801) 342-2600 or go to
  • Welcome Baby offers a home-visitation program for first-time parents of infants in English and Spanish. Call (801) 374-8108.
  • Women’s Health.Gov has women’s health information from the Federal Government. Call 1-800-994-WOMAN (9662) or go to


  • UTA Bus is a transportation system. They have reduced fare for the disabled and seniors. Go to
  • Utah Valley Paratransit provides services for the disabled who can’t ride buses. Call (801) 374-9306 or go to


  • R.E.A.C.H. (American Red Cross) offers assistance with emergency heating and public utilities. Call (801) 373-8580 or go to
  • State Energy Office provides information regarding conserving energy. Go to
  • The Weatherization Assistance Program provides free weatherization for those who are income-eligible. Call (801) 373-8333, ext. 101 or go to